Monday, April 23, 2012

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Themed Birthday Party

My middle child, Brady, turned 2 last month which got me reminiscing about his 1st birthday party which was based on one of our favorite books, The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.

I made the invitations using green card stock and attached the circles with brads. Yeah it was a bit overzealous but hey at least I didn't have to make many!


I bought Chinese lanterns from Oriental Trading Company and grouped the green and red together and hung them from a curtain rod using dental floss to look like a caterpillar.

We served wraps for the adults and PB&J and Fluff 'n Nutters for the kids.


We served and labeled the food to go along with the story. 


My super talented sister, Melissa, made the cake.  Seriously isn't she amazing? 

 There was "Caterpillar Juice" for the little ones...

 ...and "Butterfly Juice" for the not so little ones!


Gift bags filled with butterfly and caterpillar treats and crafts.


And a sign to celebrate the man of the hour!


Shared @ Tip Junkie

2 comments:

  1. Super cute, I love the "caterpillar" hanging lanterns. We did the same theme for my daughter's first birthday as well, with LOTS of 'butterfly juice', haha! I adore Eric Carle's books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute theme. Love the lanterns too!

    ReplyDelete